New York is arguably one of the most exciting cities in the world, attracting visitors for all walks of life. The iconic city is home to the Statue of Liberty, the Friends apartment, Central Park, and Times Square.
Times Square is legendary. From the annual New Year’s Eve ball drop to the best Broadway shows, it’s easy to get lost in the excitement. So what is on the Times Square bucket list? Here is our Must See or Must Do list for your visit to NYC:
- See the street performers. Almost as iconic at Times Square itself, street performers range from costumed characters to musicians to dancers. You can find them in Times Square itself, but the subway stations and trains are also full of interesting performance artists. Be sure to bring a few dollars to tip the performers when you snap photos with them!
- Dine at Carmine’s. Carmine’s is one of the most famous Italian-American restaurants, featuring family-style portions. The original is located in New York and trust us when we tell you that you won’t want to miss this delicious experience!
- Enjoy a spectacular view from a rooftop bar. The views from rooftop bars are unlike anything you’ll see. Take in the view at HAVEN Rooftop or St. Cloud for a special evening. Be sure to bring your camera to capture those truly Instagramable moments.
- See a Broadway show. Whether you see a box-office hit or a smaller show, Times Square has so many choices for shows. Plus, you can always score discount Broadway tickets if you’re flexible on time. Stop by TKTS to get day of show discounted tickets (30-50% off) to save some extra money.
- Visit the Museum of Modern Art. MOMA is home to collections ranging from Matisse to Monet to Pollock to newer names. Though technically outside of Times Square, it’s a short walk to 53rd Street and 5th Avenue, and it is well worth the walk.
- Stay up to see the Midnight Moment. At 11:57pm each night, the digital billboards in Times Square are reset to sync. During the next three minutes, the longest-running digital art exhibit runs, showcasing a different artist each month.
- Be transported back in time at Swing 46. The Jazz and Supper Club includes dining, dancing and cocktails with a focus on the swing era from the 1930’s to the 1950’s. This unique experience includes a dance lesson so you can hit the floor while the live band performs nightly.
We want you to have the best time possible in New York, which means saving your money to do the things that matter most: having fun, eating some of the best food in the world, and exploring our magical city. That’s why we’re cutting the waste: to save you money when you stay at The Gallivant Times Square. Don’t pay more for hotel amenities that you won’t use. Stay with us and get out to enjoy all that New York has to offer!
To save even more money, use code bestrategtd to receive 15% off your stay at The Gallivant!